Blogs > Babbling Bride

A blog detailing the inner thoughts and wedding plans of a slightly neurotic blonde.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Strange encounters

I was standing by the stove last night, bringing a pot of water to a boil, when BK walked by on his way to the grill, grabbed a pasta noodle out of the serving dish I had sitting on the counter and popped it into his mouth.

As he crunched the spirally fusilli between his teeth, I shot him a look. "What are you doing? You realize it's not cooked, right?" I was bewildered.

"Yeah," he answered nonchalantly.

"You do that?" I asked, "eat uncooked pasta?"

"Sometimes, yeah."

Hmm.

He went out back to cook our hot dogs on the grill and I stayed in the kitchen, stunned, pouring the fusilli into the boiling pot.

It has no flavor! The texture is not appealing!

I also thought to myself, we've been together for nearly three years, and I never knew of his occasional desire to eat uncooked pasta? I guess you really do learn something new each day.

And then I realized: In marriage there will likely be many more moments like this, when one of us will look at the other and go, "HUH?" And then we'll get back to whatever it is we're doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home