Blogs > Babbling Bride

A blog detailing the inner thoughts and wedding plans of a slightly neurotic blonde.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Clean, simple, elegant ... with a touch of vintage

The florist is booked. I chose Sommerfield Designs, based in Paoli.

Last time I was at the hair salon, my stylist handed me a business card for Sommerfield. After reading the "about" section on their website, I decided to contact the owner. I like that Sommerfield Designs is not a retail flower shop. They create custom flower arrangements for special events only.

Owner Jessa Sommerfield got back to me herself -- and quickly. She didn't have a salesperson or an assistant contact me to set up a meeting. And she met with us alone. Together we went over each detail so that Jessa could put together a proposal for our review. I noticed right away the benefits of working with a small business as opposed to a retail store.

I felt like we clicked the first time we spoke, and our meeting confirmed that feeling. Less than a week later, when Jessa e-mailed me a rough proposal, at the top she had written, "clean, simple, elegant ... with a touch of vintage."  She listened, and she "got" my vision.

I had a few questions about the proposal that Jessa cleared up right away, and during our e-mail exchange she let me know that she thought of me while looking at roses for the bride she had that weekend.

As a bride planning your own wedding, it's gratifying when, after seeking a certain type of creative professional to work with, you find that person. I'm excited to have Jessa on board for our wedding, and to see the beautiful bouquets and centerpieces she's going to design for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home