Blogs > Babbling Bride

A blog detailing the inner thoughts and wedding plans of a slightly neurotic blonde.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Lissa

I have to get to Bloomingdale's ASAP. It's the only way I'll settle this internal debate I've had going on intermittently since this weekend, when the Mother of the Bride and I got down with some serious online shoe shopping.

After a failed attempt at the department stores and several specialty shoe stores a couple of months ago, we decided to reboot this weekend with a Google search.

Pewter metallic leather
We found what could be the perfect shoe for me. The Lissa by Badgley Mischka. I thought I'd moved past my BM obsession (they're gorgeous but not at all about the comfort!), but now they've put out this elegant, peep toe pump, and I almost cannot say "no" to it!

Here are the stats:
stunning crystal brooch at the vamp
come in satin or leather, several different colors

4 and 3/4" covered heel, 1/2" hidden platform

At first the grey satin caught my eye. But then I came across the pewter, at right. Could the style/color combo BE any more perfect? Hello!

seafoam satin
I also can't help but love them in seafoam, left. They'd offer a stylish pop of color. And they have that vintage look. The brooch even matches the earrings I plan to buy and wear.


It was the above bolded that sparked said internal debate. Yes, these shoes are stunning. But will they get me not only to the church, but also through such a long day? And then I read these.

Comments
from www.bloomingdales.com: "Absolutely beautiful, high quality shoes. Warning though: they are HIGH. I purchased for my wedding and hope to keep them, but may end up switching out for the shorter sandaled version."

from www.piperlime.com: "I purchased these shoes for my wedding...I was so pleased and excited when it arrived. It looked absolutely Gorgeous, unfortunately I had to return it because it was way to high to walk down the aisle and stand in all night. It broke my heart to return these shoes. They were stunning, absolute pefrection."

from www.nordstrom.com: "I absolutely love the shoes and wish I could have kept them, but they're the kind of shoes you cannot be on your feet too long in or dancing all night. They're higher than they look! I needed shoes for my wedding and these will not work, but I'd definitely recommend them as they are gorgeous and even better in person."


Alas, several months later, and I'm still struggling with this dilemma. Yet none of those heels that were formerly on my radar seem to even compare to this most recent obsession. So I've been left wondering, should I go for it, or listen to these other brides' posts?

I've decided that at this point all I can do is head to Bloomingdale's and try them out for myself, keeping in mind that even if they pass the department store try-on test, that's still no indicator of how they'll make my feet feel after a few hours.

What a tricky, tricky business it is, having good taste in shoes.


grey satin
pink satin
platinum leather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home