Blogs > Babbling Bride

A blog detailing the inner thoughts and wedding plans of a slightly neurotic blonde.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Smorgasbord

It's been a while, and my plans -- and thoughts -- feel like they're all over the place right now, so I'll just get right into it.

"Bridesmaids" was amazingly funny. My eyeliner was shot to hell when I emerged from that movie. If you're getting married, go see it. If you're in your friend's wedding, go see it. If you want to laugh-cry, go see it.

Let's see, the "big" things are all booked at this point, so as I move through each day appearing to be totally sane (hopefully), I feel like inside my head is spinning in a million different directions. So excuse me if this post is somewhat random, but that's how things have been lately.

My Badgley Mischkas arrived at my doorstep last week and I was gitty with delight. I went with the Lacie in platinum. Much to my dismay, Mr. Badgley and Mr. Mischka have a different idea of what the color platinum is. I was expecting shiny silver, I got gold. Luckily the customer service at Nordstrom is phenominal and my second pair is already on its way. I'd been debating over three different colors of the same shoe anyway, so I went with the next choice, which I now believe is the right choice. Luckily I called when I did, because there was only one seafoam left in my size in the entire company. It was meant to be! I've searched this shoe so many times that on every website I visit I'm greeted with pop up ads of it.

BK and I went to the church last week to meet with the music director/singer and organist and select our ceremony music. We're having a traditional, Catholic Mass, and it's going to be beautiful. As they were playing for us I kept glancing at the aisle. I'd look at the back of the church, then the altar. I was trying to figure out if that walk will feel like an eternity.

Yesterday I made a few additional salon appointments. It's looking like I'll be there once a week in the three weeks leading up to the wedding. I'm so happy my sister/Matron of Honor will be home from Guam when I go for my makeup and hair trials. I love having her by my side. I'm also looking forward to spending a few hours at the salon on the day before the wedding. At that point, everything should be ready to go and there will be nothing to do but sit back and have our nails done.

I ordered this bowtie of Bentleys. Just kidding, my friend created it in Photoshop to make fun of me for wanting to see what my dog would look like in a bowtie. Get it, he's literally IN the bowtie.

We have some important dates coming up, most notably an open house/chef's sampling at Normandy Farm on Monday and our "details" appointment with the Normandy event planner the following week. In the mean time I'm trying to tie up a bunch of odds and ends that go into planning a wedding, while managing to breathe and enjoy this wonderful time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home