Blogs > Babbling Bride

A blog detailing the inner thoughts and wedding plans of a slightly neurotic blonde.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Shoes, shoes, shoes

It's a lovely thing -- finding the right shoe. I haven't yet found my wedding day shoe, but the search is on. And so far, I've focused much of my attention on Badgley Mischka beauties.

Some favorites:

Dreamy, in pink, 3 ¼ inches










Hyde, in blue, 3 7/8 inches











Randall, blue, 3 7/8 inches










Randall, in pink
Randee, pink, 4 inches











And I can't forget about this delicious pair. But I also can't track them down! I noticed them a while back on a stationary blog called The Finer Things, under the post, "Peony and Pewter Wedding." No designer or brand name mentioned. The Knot is credited on the photo (notice the mini "k"), but I've browsed all shoes on that site and cannot find these mysterious "dark grey heels adorned with pink blooms." Anyone out there have a clue?

Addendum: DESIGNER FOUND! And go figure -- they're Badgley Mischka! But I still haven't found their proper shoe name or seen them for sale on any website. A "Real Weddings" feature on theknot.com reveals a Nebraska bride found them online and purchased them from Piperlime. But I checked, and they're not posted there. In a random search for "Badgley Mischka Spring 2010 shoes" (I guessed), they actually popped up a few times -- but on blogs that didn't post further details. I guess because they're "older" (in terms of current fashion), they're not as easy to find as some other styles. But I did come to a conclusion after catching a side view of this shoe in my obsessive search: It may not be the pair for me afterall. As much as I love those Peony-looking puffs, this is a true strappy sandal, a type of shoe that tends to make my foot feel naked. But then again, I'd really have to see them in person and try them on.

I found another winning pair, Badgley Mischka's Xolani, in ivory satin. I'd planned to avoid ivory shoes altogether, because I really do want a pop of color. But I can't discount this one for its overall sleek sophistication. There's a sweetness to this shoe in the tulle bow accent, and this whimsy is juxtaposed by the glamorous metallic heel. Nicely done.





With all of this research under my belt, I'd say it's time to hit the fine department stores.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

I'm a big fan of the blue idea, MB! Just wanted to weigh in with that one!

February 12, 2011 at 7:24 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home