Blogs > Babbling Bride

A blog detailing the inner thoughts and wedding plans of a slightly neurotic blonde.

Friday, March 4, 2011

I love me some wedding registry!

And here's why.

Aside from the obvious (it's fun to pick out gifts!), starting a wedding registry has given me an exciting glimpse into the life we are about to embark on as a married couple.

I'll admit that at first I was overwhelmed by all of the options. But once you get started, it is a really fun process.

Selecting that Belgian waffle maker helps me to envision Sunday family brunches. Picking out China -- something that I'd never once thought about but now I'm beaming over my chosen pattern -- is a reminder that someday we'll host the holidays at our house.

The items we've picked out, from the panini maker, to the slow cooker, to the rolling pin, to the cake stand, represent many memories that have yet to be made and years of Friday night get togethers with friends, Sunday night dinners with family, Saturday afternoon baking with kids, and birthday cakes to look forward to.

When I look in my parents' kitchen cabinets and see items they've had for the 29 (30 in August) years they've been married, I look at the list of things I hope to receive as gifts and think, I wonder if my daughter will be looking at these plates in 20-some years and have the same thoughts?

For those who have yet to register: When visiting stores in person, be sure to let your fiancé "man the gun." BK was so looking forward to scanning, and it was everything he dreamed it would be. Brides, you can take charge of editing items online.

Oh, and if you register at multiple places (which is the recommendation), don't forget to link and sync your registries online at GiftRegistery360.com.

1 Comments:

Blogger Therese said...

Can't wait to eat off your china! And have you cook for me! :D

March 4, 2011 at 10:11 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home