Blogs > Babbling Bride

A blog detailing the inner thoughts and wedding plans of a slightly neurotic blonde.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Fabulous footwear for fabulous ladies

Check out the chic heels my bridesmaids will be wearing! After searching high and low (literally every store that sells evening shoes in the King of Prussia Mall!) I finally settled on these Vince Camuto peep toe platforms in blush. They were the last pair I saw during an exhausting nine-hour shopping extravaganza with my lovely mother.

It was quite an ordeal to secure seven different shoe sizes for seven beautiful girls, but the process of buying a few pairs in the store, ordering some from the warehouse and tracking down the rest at a store in Florida was all worth it in the end.

I was on the prowl for blush or nude colored heels to complement the short (above the knee), strapless pewter dresses I selected for them, and I found just that. I think the pairing of soft leather and delicate chiffon overlay creates the perfect combination of feminine and stylish.

As a shoe gal, it was important for me to find my bridesmaids a special kind of heel. I quickly learned what a challenge it is to "make it work" (Tim Gunn) with shoes other than the dyeables sold at bridal shops. Every pair I found was either extremely high (heel and/or price) or just not the right color or look. The seemingly minor detail of what my maids and matrons would wear on their feet had become a nagging task, one that weighed on my mind for a few months. But now that I've found the right shoe, putting together my sister's and friends' outfits suddenly feels like dressing my very own Barbie dolls. And I'm sure when they're all dolled up from head to toe, these real-life ladies will look even prettier than Barbie herself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home