Blogs > Babbling Bride

A blog detailing the inner thoughts and wedding plans of a slightly neurotic blonde.

Monday, August 29, 2011

A babbling update

Hurricane Irene meant that this would be one Sunday we would not hop from store-to-store running errands -- some wedding-related, some to feed our mutual hunger for a new item here and there.

So we spent the day indoors, and I decided to start making tags for the guest favors. It became quite monotonous, cutting card stock into squares, pressing a "K" sticker to the center of each square, punching a hole into each tag. Bentley seemed to think I was doing something really interesting. After a while he got over it and started digging in his toy chest instead. I only got halfway through, so another afternoon of this lies ahead.

What's planned for today is much more interesting -- at least to me. I've taken the afternoon off so that BK and I can head to the courthouse and apply for our marriage license. Apparently all you need is a photo ID (PA driver's license preferred), Social Security number (just knowledge of it, not even the actual SS card) and $45 cash. For something so official and legally binding, it seems so simple. I'll let you know after we go through it if it actually is as easy as it sounds.

Then we're heading to the Perfect Pooch in King of Prussia. We toured the facility a couple of weekends ago and we both like their style. During playtime, which is t he majority of the day, they keep well-adjusted, non-aggressive dogs together and let them socialize in packs (small and large). Bentley has to be evaluated before he can be accepted there, which is what we're going to check off of the list today. Then we have the option to board him there for our wedding. The best part is that PP does transports, so we're in talks to have someone drive him to us on the  big day. That would solve my dilemma of how to get my baby in our wedding album! The idea of boarding him has made me uneasy for a while now, but this place seems so right for him. He's the most social dog I know, and I'm sure he'll have an absolute ball hanging out with the pack.

The week gets even more exciting for me, as my little sister and brother-in-law are set to return home from Guam on Thursday afternoon. This is so overdue I can hardly contain myself. More on that later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home