Blogs > Babbling Bride

A blog detailing the inner thoughts and wedding plans of a slightly neurotic blonde.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Bentley Report

It's been nearly a week and the little guy is totally settling in, making our house a home A.K.A making it way messier than my compulsive Monica Geller-style scrubbing and Danny Tanner-esque vacuuming would ever before allow. But it's alright.

I'm sleep deprived, yet blissful. I'm exhausted but fine with a less-than-perfect kitchen and living room and a hamper full of dirty clothes. I could care less if for the past week I've been wearing old jeans, ones I thought were soon headed to the Salvy. We haven't gotten to the grocery store and basically have no food. I haven't made it to the gym -- which can't be good for the Babbling Bride's goal to get in tip top wedding shape -- but it's OK. Bentley needs me to show him the ropes.

I came downstairs the other night to find BK and Bentley sitting on the couch, both looking at me. I hardly had time to blink an eye before I noticed Bentley suddenly had a Hallmark card clenched in his teeth. BK was encouraging the pup to give the card to his mommy. It was a "thank you" for bringing him into our home and making him part of our family. It was the sweetest thing I'd ever seen, my little Cavalier with the corner of an envelope hanging out of his mouth. Even sweeter was the gesture from my fiancé.

BK didn't grow up with a dog -- he did have a cat that was bigger than all of my family dogs -- but he's really doing a good job. He almost always manages to stay positive in everything he does, and that attitude has transferred to this new adventure.

In fact, he even sees a bright side in picking up dog poo. Just the other day after coming in from cleaning up the yard BK told me, "At least this will prepare me for changing baby diapers," as he had just reportedly "gagged three times" while handling Bentley's business.

I haven't gotten much sleep this first week, and there's been a lot of crap, but the payoff is definitely worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home